It took me years to realize these Guiding principles in photography. Hope you can understand these better than me and in much shorter time :)
It took me years to realize these Guiding principles in photography. Hope you can understand these better than me and in much shorter time :) :-
1. Carry your camera with you everywhere. Everywhere!!
2. Just because someone has an expensive camera doesn’t mean that they’re good photographer.
3. A very famous Photographer (Yours truly!!) once said "upgrade your photography skill everyday, but upgrade your photography equipment only when the old equipment expires”.
4. Another said "Be original in your photography. Don’t try to copy the style of others."
5. There is no “magic” camera or lens or trick.
6. Expensive lenses are not always better.
7. Better lenses don’t give you better photos.
8. Always shoot in RAW. Always.!!
9. One can’t “photoshop” bad images into good ones, no matter how much time you spend on it.
10. Don’t pamper your camera. Use and abuse it.
11. Find what's your style of photography and stick with it.
12. Simplicity is the key.
13. Draw inspiration and get motivation from other photographers but never worship or copy them.
14. Alcohol and photography do not mix well.
15. Think before you shoot.
16. Critique the other photographers' work.
17. Always underexposed by 2/3rd of a stop when shooting in broad daylight.
18. Worry less about technical aspects and focus more on compositional aspects of photography.
19. Do not crop!
20. If necessary, Crop only the ugly things from your picture.
21. Get closer to the subject when taking your photos, they often turn out better, and it’s much more effective than a costly telephoto zoom.
22. Taking a photo crouched often does not necessarily make your photos look more interesting.
23. Have at least 2 backups of all your images. Having one is just like having none.
24. The rule of thirds usually works 99% of the time but not 100% of time.
25. Macro photography isn’t for everybody.
Last but the most truthful is that Film photography isn’t better than digital and Digital Photography isn’t better than Digital!
COPYRIGHT © 2023 NEERAJ GARG